EGESIM & ATLAS COPCO have combined their many years of Experience, Expertise, Technologies and Innovations to provide the most efficient and productive solutions for the Geothermal Power Plants.
ATLAS COPCO’s state of the art Inflow Radial Turbine Technology with variable Inlet Guide Vanes has been complemented by EGESIM’s ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) Optimization and famous Electrical and Automation Solutions to provide the most productive solutions for ORC Geothermal Power Plants.
Under the cooperation, ATLAS COPCO provides its Radial Inflow Turbine for the EGESIM’s ORC process cycle design optimised for geothermal power plants. EGESIM will also provide its well-known ORC power plant and BOP (Balance of Plant) electrical, mechanical and civil engineering , electrical and control components , application software development for ORC and BOP plants, mechanical equipment and pipelines ,general supplies, construction , erection and commissioning along with its local presence, experience and reputation in the geothermal power plant market. The companies are now actively bidding for geothermal ORC power plant projects in the Turkish and in the Global market.
EGESIM will provide EP (Engineering and Procurement) or EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) or LTSA (Long Term Service Agreement) services to clients.
- The Organic Rankine Cycle is an idealized thermodynamic cycle of a heat engine that converts heat into mechanical work.
- The Binary Plants are consisting of two different fluids circulating in two seperate cycles.
- The heat resource circulating in the first cycle, which heats the working organic fluid, can be geothermal brine / steam, hot waste gas , hot thermal oil or hot fluid from solar CSP.
- The working fluid is an Organic Fluid in the second cycle, leading to the name of ORC or Organic Rankine Cycle.
TURBINE MADE IN TURKEY
ATLAS COPCO has applied and obtained approval for “Made in Turkey” Certification. “Made in Turkey” certificates have been issued by Turkish Standarts of Institution for all turbines supplied by Atlas Copco in 2015/2016
PROJECT REFERENCES OF ATLAS COPCO – EGESIM COOPERATION
- PAMUKOREN 1,2,3,4,5 GEPP – AYDIN / TURKEY 5×22,5 = 112,5 MWe
- SULTANHISAR 1 GEPP – AYDIN / TURKEY 1×13,8 MWe
- TUZLA GEPP – CANAKKALE / TURKEY 1×7,5 MWe
- OZMEN 1 GEPP – MANISA / TURKEY 1×24 MWe
Advantage of Radial Inflow Turbine: Off-Design Performance
Expander Performance at Fixed Speed and Isentropic Enthalpy Drop
Comparison of Performance Between Types of Turbine
Some studies suggest that radial inflow turbine, Turbo Expander, could produce more annual
cumulative electrical power in the locations where ambient temprature varies during a year.
EGESIM COMPLETED 26 PROJECTS IN VARIOUS GEOTHERMAL POWER PLANTS IN TURKEY.
Stand as EGESIM services include the following:
- Engineering and documentation for MV/LV electrical switchgears and plant automation panels
- Developing application software for geothermal power plants featuring;
- Process control and monitoring
- Energy and MV switchgear monitoring
- Data logging
- Process Parameters’ Tracking
- Historical data reviewing and reporting / trending
- Process and energy monitoring
- Erection & Installation of all electrical equipment with automation and control.
- Workshop and Site tests, hot tests and commissioning
- Engineering & documentation necessary for approval by Ministry of Energy.
- Conducting necessary offical procedures for acquiring approval from Ministry of Energy.
- HV Substations and overhead lines
- MV / LV Switchgears
- Plant automation including;
- Redundant or standalone PLC statitons
- Distributed I/O Stations
- Remote monitoring hardware & software
- Server and Operator Stations comprised of industrial computers
- Wireless and/or fiberoptic data lines for integrating remote stations into plant automation.
- Process Instrument including;
- Flowmeters, pressure / temperature transducers, positioners, level transmitters, position switches
- Transformers and Motors
- All cables including power, data, fiber, control and low current cables
- Earthing, lighting and lightning systems